Full stack designer who has been creating experiences since starting a skateboard shop at 16. Through a myriad of roles within tech startups, Peter focuses on bringing creativity and design thinking to product and service development. By providing creative direction and management leadership to growing teams, he has had the good fortune to work across a variety of industries, bringing innovative ideas and keen insights to both consumer and hyper-specific enterprise markets.
Initial and Lead UX Architect
January 2017 – January 2020
First UX hire in rapidly growing startup, responsible for creating, governing and evolving across all user experience touchpoints and internal design systems. Created and iterated processes for design ops, continually improving product usability.
- Built an internal UX and design team of 10 people in Chennai, India and continued to lead as a practitioner, setting the strategic direction for the team in support of business objectives, and managing intra-team and program alignment with OKRs.
- Lead UX design efforts in creation and delivery of six new products in 24 months, while created and evolved a Design Sytem to improve efficiencies.
- Lead User Workshops at three annual User Conferences, each 10x larger than the last.
- Work closely with CPO and other Executives to deliver hi-fidelity mockups, critical
to closing numerous fortune 500 deals and investor relation communications.
- Was sole UX Designer for first 18 months, producing all needed UX artifacts.
Management Consultant, UX Architect
March 2014 – January 2017
Lead UX teams from Sprint Zero activities through all phases of product lifecycle. Integrated UX practices within scaling Agile efforts in large, complex enterprises.
- Landed at client as UX practitioner and immediately dug in to work and evangelizing UX and Design Thinking program wide, while growing and mentoring UX teams onsite at the client.
- Increased billable project scope, within deadlines with each project, due to gained efficiencies.
- Clients included Abbott, AbbVie, OptumRx, Nike and Comerica Bank.
NOKIA - HERE MAPS, REAL-TIME TRAFFIC
Product Marketing Manager, HERE Traffic
August 2012 – February 2014
Produced creative to explain infrastructure and Big Data required for real-time traffic.
- Supported all regional sales, marketing, program & stakeholders.
- Developed process to create GPS probe visualizations and probe viewer app.
- Managed contract creatives & agencies working on product and marketing efforts.
- HERE Real-Time Traffic and Trapster App Integration; project plan and wireframes.
GOGO INFLIGHT INTERNET
Product Manager - Signature Services
November 2010 – July 2012
Joined product team before initial product launch. Managed several airborne products and services for major US airlines, including testing for each fleets initial roll out.
- Managed Information Architects, Developers & Designers.
- Created documentation to FAA’s approval, for all business and commercial fleet ATG systems.
- Created wireframes and prototypes, (iOS, Android & web) for ecommerce and video services.
- Developed inflight flight tacker, from idea to market, led to highly successful sponsorships.
DIG THE PIXELS / D7TV.COM
Co-Founder / Online Productions + Development
August 2004 – March 2008
- Open Source webshop, Drupal & Docebo, working in an Agile methodology
- welovebeauty.com– 2nd Place, Best designed site @ Drupalcon 2008 Boston
Co-Founder / Course and Web Productions
August 1999 – July 2004
- 16 months to leader of online continuing legal education market with sales over $2MM
- Managed the team that captured, edited and produced video, and related couseware media.
- Designed process to capture/edit video with prosumer equipment, 95 courses in 2 years.
Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Arts: Liberal Arts + Architectural Theory
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Student-at-large, Oils, Copper and Neon
- Associates of Science + Associates of Arts